Contact: [email protected]
What We Do
We are a rapidly growing company positioned at the forefront of the movement to bring much-needed technologies to the energy industry. Validere is the only solution that empowers oil & gas companies to know true product quality in real-time and increase barrel value through logistics and trading optimization.
What Problem are We Solving?
Oil and gas companies currently use unreliable product quality data to make critical operational decisions. $2T of product changes hands annually with significant value being left on the table due to low confidence, scattered quality data. We are using the Internet of Things (IoT) to radically improve confidence in product quality and AI predictive insights to guide optimal quality, logistics, and trading decisions.
- Develop and implement operational and integrity management procedures for data pipelines that interface automated and manual steps
- Develop automation tools for ingestion and standardization of client data inputs, proprietary datasets public datasets from a multitude of file formats
- Develop tools and techniques that improve the breadth and predictive capacity of Validere’s public and proprietary data sets
- Growth mindset, passion for learning new things, restlessness
- Resourcefulness – you don’t take ‘no’ for an answer easily and find a way around obstacles
- First-principles thinking – you have the strong desire to understand any topic at a deeper level than most, and are unsatisfied with decisions based on convention or unjustified assumptions
- Ability to formulate and test hypotheses quickly and efficiently
- Experience with Python
- Comfortable building utility code and scripts for handling miscellaneous support tasks
- Some experience with relational databases and comfortable with SQL query syntax.
- Comfortable working with disparate data sources (i.e SQL, CSV, HTTP requests) and familiar with data source normalization pipelines
- Bachelor’s in a STEM field (e.g. CS, other engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, etc.), or equivalent experience (e.g. work experience, bootcamps, etc.)
- Basic understanding of physics, chemistry (1st year level)
- Any exposure to large industrial processes, chemical/biochemical analysis and/or logistics
- Experience with common data science packages (NumPy, Pandas, SciPy)
- Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Spark, SciKit Learn, or other libraries related to machine learning, signal processing and data visualization.
- Comfortable with real time data pipelines or stream-processing platforms such as Kafka
- Experience with data warehouses (i.e AWS Redshift, Apache Hive) and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data pipelines
- Comfortable with Unix like operating systems (Linux, MacOS X) and command line interfaces
Who we are
We are a group of intellectually curious people who are passionate about bringing innovation to large industries like oil & gas. If you would like to join a fast-paced, rapidly changing and exciting start-up and think this description sounds like you, please send your resume and relevant links (Github, LinkedIn) to [email protected], and complete the form below.