Software Team Lead/VP of Engineering
What We Are Building
We are a YC-backed startup based in Toronto that brings visibility and trust into petroleum testing, an activity that underpins billions in transaction value and places lives at risk when (frequently) done poorly. We build software and IoT hardware that makes it easy to manage complex science experiments with sophisticated equipment in very remote environments. We are working on a challenging problem and love to have very smart people buy into the vision to build amazing products and services for industries that have been largely ignored by technology so far.
As the Software Team Lead, you will:
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of new software products and features.
- Collaborate with senior leadership, business development, and analytics teams to define software features and high-level strategy
- Serve as a mentor to junior members of the software development team, contributing to their professional growth
- Growth mindset, passion for learning new things, restlessness
- First-principles thinking – you have the strong desire to understand any topic at a deeper level than most, and are unsatisfied with decisions based on convention or unjustified assumptions
- A passion for helping those around you become better at what they do
- Strong business sense and stakeholder-focused approach to problem solving – you believe the best products solve real problems for real people
- Strong technical background in software development – ability to dive deeply into technical details with team members, provide meaningful mentorship to junior developers in technical areas and occasionally contribute code if needed
- Experience successfully shipping products as a manager or team lead
- Some experience with enterprise software preferred, but people with consumer backgrounds will also be considered
- Experience building and shipping complex enterprise software to large clients
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, React.js and Python
- Experience with data science, machine learning and data visualization
- Any exposure to large industrial processes, chemical/biochemical analysis and/or logistics
Who We Are
We are a group of intellectually curious people who are passionate about bringing innovation to large industries like oil & gas. If you would like to join a fast-paced, rapidly changing and exciting start-up and think this description sounds like you, please send your resume to both Ian Burgess and Nouman Ahmad at email@example.com, and complete the form below.